|Living Area||30,000 sqft|
|Lot Size||100 acres|
This four bedroom home was custom built for the current owners to overlook the surrounding countryside and down towards the stable. The home is well positioned up a long private drive which is gated at the road. Enjoy country privacy yet you are only 15 kilometres north of Markham.
The home has 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths with deluxe open-concept kitchen/living and dining space. Currently, one bedroom is used as a home office. The office has wide-board wood floors and large picture windows facing to the gated entrance.
There is a main floor home gym with rubberized floor plus main floor laundry. The attached heated garage has tandem parking for 4 cars and epoxy coated floors.
The main living room has vaulted ceilings, over-sized windows and a large gas fireplace and is open to the kitchen and dining space.
The kitchen has high quality appliances including 6 burner Wolf range plus a built-in order desk, large centre island, granite counters and a direct walk-out to the deck. The two-level deck is west facing and leads down to the hot tub and grounds.
The main rooms are finished with wide-board wood floors in-keeping with the elegant style of the home.
The master bedroom has a four-piece en suite bath with double vanity, marble counters, glass shower and heated floors.
The 2 children’s bedrooms share a 4-piece bath and both rooms have ample built-in clothes cupboards plus room for large desks and book cases.
The Equestrian Complex
The 30, 000 sq. ft. (approx.) equestrian complex was built using expert designers and top calibre amenities. No detail was overlooked for this private facility. Large tack rooms, pine cathedral ceilings, feed room, 4 wash/grooming stalls, treadmill, full laundry, twelve large stalls with rubber mats and ample storage space. The stable is airy and bright and built to the highest standard. Rubberized no-slip flooring in all aisles.
Full laundry with deep laundry sink, stone floors plus additional storage cabinets. There is ample natural light through over-sized windows and a blanket drying room has been incorporated into the utility area.
One of the most impressive tack rooms we have ever seen! Soaring beamed ceiling, stone floors, centre island with granite counters. Extensive hanging space for saddles and bridles. Full bathroom.
Kitchen/Dining & Viewing Room
This expansive space offers a full entertainment area with kitchen, dining area and multiple seating options which overlook both the indoor riding arena and the property. The large fieldstone fireplace was custom built with field stone reclaimed from the original 1800s home foundation on the property
- Built-in sound system
- Beamed ceiling
- Fieldstone gas fireplace
- Large viewing window into the arena with brick accent wall in a herring bone pattern
- Full kitchen with centre island
- Direct access to indoor riding arena
The west facing sun room with wide board floors and beamed ceiling is one of the favorite spaces on the farm. This large room opens directly onto the stone patio which is well landscaped. There is a floor-to-ceiling fireplace, built-in speakers and the space is fully air conditioned and heated.
Storage Rooms/Feed Room/Utility Room
The barn was designed to offer ample storage space including over-sized heated feed room, tack storage room plus hay and bedding storage space.
The stable employs state-of-the art mechanical systems including geothermal heating/cooling, full water treatment plus air handling and humidity control systems. The barn has 3 double door entries which ensure optimal natural air flow.
The property has both indoor and outdoor schooling rings including the 80x200’ indoor arena with fibre footing and a fully irrigated outdoor ring measuring 150’ x 240’ with outdoor fibre footing. In addition to these rings, there is a large natural grass ring which is well maintained. There are hundreds of acres of lands in the area to ride over if one wants to go for a hack.
Additional Features of the Facility
- Water lines to each stall
- 2 Outdoor wash stalls
- Generac back-up generator
- In-floor heating
- 11 oak board paddocks of various sizes
- Energy efficient arena lighting
- Long driveway with security gate and amply private parking area
- Drive-in equipment storage room
- Central vacuum
- Heated feed room & grooming stalls
- Roughed in piping to irrigate paddocks, if desired
- Superb location 15 kms north of Markham
- 3 minutes to Emerald Hills Golf Club
- 15 minutes to top area schools (Country Day School, St. Andrew’s College, Pickering College)
- Site plan available
- Architectural plans available
- Deep drilled well (166 ft) installed by Wilson Water Wells produced 80 gallons per min when drilled
- 2 septic systems
- Geothermal heating/cooling system in barn
- Water conditioning equipment
- HRV (air handling) systems
- Gated entrance
- Limestone driveway with paved parking area near the home
- Central vacuum system in home & barn
- Forced air propane and radiant in-floor heating in house